First Published: June 16, 2021. Updated: November 21, 2023
Baxi 636 Combi LPG Boiler Review
The Baxi 636 Combi LPG boiler is a top-of-the-range model in the Baxi collection which is perfect for homes that aren’t connected to the mains gas grid and are looking for an alternative to oil.
Our team has thoroughly reviewed the Baxi 636 Combi LPG Boiler range and this review covers everything you need to know before deciding whether it is right for you and your family.
|Model||Combi 636 LPG|
|Energy Efficiency Class||A-Rated|
|Warranty||7-year standard warranty|
|Central Heating Max. Output||24, 30 or 36 kW|
|Dimensions||700mm (Height) x 390 (Width) x 285 mm (Depth)|
- This is a relatively compact boiler and has a lightweight design, making it easy to install, monitor and repair
- Simple to use manual control panel with an illuminated LED display
- Holds an ‘A’ energy efficiency rating, operating at 93% efficiency, which can become even higher when combined with smart technology controls
- Compatible with Baxi’s uSense smart thermostat for remote heating management
- Provides heating output of up to 36 kW and hot water delivery of up to 15 litres per minute
The Baxi 636 Combi LPG Boiler is a quiet and relatively compact heating and water system, which does not require a cylinder or water tank due to being a combi boiler.
This makes it ideal for those with limited space, but who are looking to install an effective boiler that can heat their home and deliver instant hot water. Baxi boilers are reliably hassle-free and affordable.
- Can be installed in a standard cupboard in a kitchen, bathroom or airing cupboard, doesn’t require a tank or water cylinder
- Comprises top quality brass components
- Equipped with an EasyFill feature which makes it easy to top up the central heating system pressure without the need to call an engineer for support
- Can integrate with smart thermostats, including uSense
- Comes with a standard 7-year parts and labour warranty for peace of mind
The Baxi 636 Combi LPG Boiler is smart-compatible and delivers efficient heating and instant hot water. Features include compatibility with Vaillant’s uSense smart technology app and flow rate of up to 15 litres per minute.
Although not as compact as other Baxi models, it could still be installed to fit inside an airing cupboard or larger kitchen or bathroom cupboard.
This boiler is most suitable for larger homes, with up to three bedrooms with one bathroom.
A trusted brand
Baxi is owned by a multinational company, BDR Thermea, one of Europe’s largest manufacturers based in The Netherlands. Baxi are known for affordable and reliable boilers, built to last.
All components and boilers are manufactured at their UK plants in Norwich and Preston.
Energy-efficient so you reduce your bills
The Baxi 636 Combi LPG Boiler has an ErP ‘A’ rating and an energy efficiency running performance of 93%. For optimum energy efficiency, there is a range of wired and wireless controls available that you could add to your installation. You can connect the boiler to the uSense smart technology controls or one of the other smart energy management systems on the market.
By controlling the boiler from your smartphone, computer or tablet or from one of the Baxi control panels, you can ensure your heating is managed carefully and take advantage of additional features, such as frost protection and temperature settings, remotely.
As well as producing excellent energy efficiency, this boiler has other useful manufactured features.
The boiler is fully modulating which increases efficiency. It includes a brass hydraulics block and built-in drip tray
As a wall-mounted and a relatively compact and lightweight model, this is an easy boiler to have installed. The panels open for front access to all components. The pipes are also easily accessible from the boiler casing.
Wide availability of parts
Manufactured in the UK, Baxi 636 parts are widely available. Because this boiler is widely sold, if you need a replacement item you can find spare parts at Screwfix, Plumbase and other plumbing merchants both in-store and online.