Baxi 800 Boiler Review
The Baxi 800 Boiler range comprises wall-mounted combi, system and regular boiler. In this review, we outline the main features of the Baxi 800 boiler range and highlight what you should know prior to purchase and installation – so you can decide if it’s the right model for the needs of your property and household.
|Energy Efficiency Class||A-Rated|
|Central Heating Max. Output||22 or 28 kW|
|Dimensions||700 mm (Height) x 390mm (Width) x 285 mm (Depth)|
- Holds an ERP ‘A’ energy efficiency rating, with an operation of +90% efficiency.
- Available as system, regular (known as ‘heat-only’ in the Baxi range) or combi boiler models
- Compact and lightweight design, making it easy to install
- Can be installed in a large cupboard or airing cupboard space because of its small size, or wall-mounted
- Simple to use manual control panel
- Includes built-in frost thermostat to reduce frost risk, if installed in a non-insulated part of your home
- Provides a maximum heating output of 25, 30 or 26 kW depending on the model
- The Baxi 800 Boiler is a mid-range boiler, making it an appropriate choice for larger homes and apartments.
- Easy to install in a standard cupboard in a kitchen, bathroom or airing cupboard
- Can integrate with Baxi’s optional uSense smart thermostat
- Features a large LED display, extensive flue options up to 20 metres and a brass hydraulics block
- Offered with a 10-year standard parts and labour warranty.
The Baxi 800 Boiler is a well-designed boiler that is perfect for customers looking for peace of mind from an extended parts and labour warranty.
The Baxi 800 comes with several useful add- ons and accessories. These include smart controls, a range of flues, plus the Adey Micro2 magnetic system filter which helps to protect the heating system and boiler.
A global brand
Baxi is well known as a British boiler manufacturer, but now has operations across the world due to being owned by The Netherlands based BDR Thermea Group, which own and operate heating companies in over 80 countries. It should be noted though that Baxi isn’t considered a premium boiler brand and are more of a middle of the range brand. However, this doesn’t stop them from producing robust and reliable models that are popular with homeowners.
Great customer service
Baxi has won awards for its customer service. Alongside the extended warranty on this boiler, there are plenty of reasons to relax with a Baxi boiler purchase. For the price you pay for the boiler, the service in this regard is excellent.
Reasonable household energy consumption
With the government intent on the UK achieving a net-zero emissions rating, and energy prices likely to rise, now is a good time to seek an economical boiler. Baxi boilers have a 93% energy efficiency rating, and ‘A’ energy award. For this reason, your home will benefit from reduced electricity and gas bills after installation and this will mean your home will have a lower carbon footprint.
Hot water when you need it
The Baxi 800 models will provide a minimum of 10.2 litres per minute flow rate of hot water. That means you will never have to wait for the boiler to heat up before taking a shower. This instantaneous heating will reduce energy waste, but also helps to reduce water inefficiency in your bathroom and kitchen.
Wide availability of parts
Baxi has been manufacturing boilers in the UK for over 160 years. Because of the widespread availability of the Baxi boiler range, parts are widely available. If you need a replacement item you can find spare parts at Screwfix, Plumbase and other plumbing merchants both in-store and online.
Boilerhut Ltd is an Introducer Appointed Representative (Financial Services Register No. 836593) of Phoenix Financial Consultants Limited (“Phoenix”). Phoenix is a credit broker, not a lender. Phoenix is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN: 539195), and offers finance from its panel of lenders. All finance subject to status and credit checks.