Baxi Duo-tec Combi Boiler Review
The Baxi Duo-tec Combi Boiler is one of Baxi’s newest boiler models. It is available either in mains gas or LPG fuel types, with the latter perfect for customers who are not connected to the mains gas network and are looking for an alternative to oil.
In this review, we have outlined all of the major features of the Baxi Duo-tec Combi Boiler and provided our expert opinion so that you can decide whether it’s right for your home and the needs of your household.
|Energy Efficiency Class||A Rated|
|Warranty||7-year parts and labour warranty|
|Central Heating Max. Output||24, 28, 33 and 40 kW|
|Dimensions||780mm (Height) x 450 (Width) x 345 mm (Depth)|
- Holds an ‘A’ energy efficiency rating
- Over 90% efficient
- Reasonably compact and of an average weight, which makes it relatively easy to install
- Can be installed in a large cupboard because of its compact size, or wall-mounted, if preferred
- Features an integrated manual control panel, which is straightforward and easy to use
- Provides instant hot water
- Heating output of up to 40 kW and flow rate of up to 16.4 per minute
- The Baxi Duo-tec Combi Boiler meets the minimum energy standards and is approved by the Energy Savings Trust
- Easy to install in a standard cupboard in a kitchen, bathroom or airing cupboard.
- Can integrate with smart thermostats if preferred
- Includes a standard 7-year warranty on parts and labour, but to ensure this remains valid, you must have the boiler serviced annually by a Gas Safe Registered heating engineer
The Baxi Duo-tec Combi Boiler is a popular choice for homeowners looking for a reliable and energy-efficient boiler. It will provide continuous hot water and simultaneously run heating in a home with up to two bathrooms.
As a combi boiler, one of the biggest advantages over other boiler types is the fact that it does not need to be installed alongside a tank or cylinder. This means you don’t need additional space available for your heating system.
A name you can trust
Baxi has won several awards for innovation in boiler technology and customer service over the last few years. They have developed a reputation as a reliable and affordable manufacturer of boilers. The company has an excellent rating on Trustpilot, reflecting its commitment to effective customer service.
The Baxi Duo-tec Combi Boiler range comes in two fuel types – mains gas and LPG. The 24 and 28 kW models are appropriate for smaller homes with one bathroom. Whilst the 33 kW and 40 kW models are more equipped for homes with higher hot water demands.
All of the models in the Baxi Duo-tec Combi Boiler range are rated highly for energy efficiency. Plus, this can be increased when used in parallel with the latest smart thermostat technology, including Baxi’s own uSense controls.
Leading the way to reduce household energy usage
Baxi have made efforts to create environmentally friendly products that prioritise quality and performance. With a 90%+ energy efficiency rating, your home will reduce electricity and gas bills almost immediately and minimise your home’s carbon footprint.
Hot water when you need it
The Duo-tec Combi will provide a minimum of 9.8 litres per minute flow rate of hot water, meaning you won’t have to wait for the boiler to heat up before taking a shower or bath. This instantaneous heating not only reduces energy waste but also helps to reduce water inefficiency.
Manufactured in the UK
The Baxi Duo-tec Combi and the components that it is made up of are manufactured in the Baxi factories located in Norwich and Preston.
Wide availability of parts
As it is manufactured in the UK, parts for the Baxi Duo-tec Combi Boiler are all widely available. If you need a replacement part, these can easily be found at Screwfix, Plumbase and other plumbing merchants both in-store and online.