First Published: June 16, 2021. Updated: November 21, 2023
Baxi Megaflo System Boiler Review
The Baxi Megaflo System Boiler is part of Baxi’s growing premium boiler range. Interested in upgrading to a gas system boiler? Or just need a new boiler replacement? This review will tell you everything you need to know about the Baxi Megaflo System boiler.
|Energy Efficiency Class||A Rated|
|Central Heating Max. Output||15, 18, 24, 28 and 32 kW|
|Dimensions||780mm (Height) x 450mm (Width) x 345mm (Depth)|
- The Baxi Megaflo System Boiler is a boiler unit designed to be installed alongside a water cylinder
- This is a medium-sized, fairly light-weight boiler option
- Suitable for a range of properties due to the different kW size models available
- The 32kW is the most powerful of Baxi’s Megaflo boilers and is suitable for homes with high hot water demands
- Holds an ‘A’ energy efficiency rating and is just over 90% efficient for heat and hot water
- Extended parts and labour warranty of 7 years available
- The Baxi Megaflo System Boiler is built with high-quality brass components and is manufactured in the UK
- Available in white, with an easy-to-use large LCD display for manual control
- Compatible with a range of flues, providing additional options for installation
- A great choice for households that use a lot of hot water or homes with multiple bathrooms
The Baxi Megaflo System Boiler is, as the name suggests, a closed boiler system. While a combi boiler does not require a tank or cylinder, the Megaflow requires a cylinder. It directly heats the central heating system and stores hot water in the cylinder to be used when needed.
During installation, the cylinder will need to be factored into the cost and you will need to check if you have the space available if you don’t already have an existing cylinder in place. The Megaflo boiler is designed to be compatible with the market-leading Megaflo Eco cylinder. Our engineer can advise whether it is suitable for your property.
This is an affordable boiler so it is worth considering if you are considering switching to a system boiler, want to increase your hot water supply, or you are looking to replace an existing system boiler in your property.
A name you know
Baxi has been manufacturing boilers in the UK since 1866. While they don’t have the reputation of other brands like Worcester Bosch or Viessmann, they have a growing reputation for affordability, ease to install and reliability and are backed by their parent company in The Netherlands – the BDR Thermea Group.
While the tradition of manufacturing boilers has changed a lot in the last 150 years, the company has been improving and innovating to keep up with the competition.
Commitment to energy efficiency
The Baxi Megaflo System is available in five sizes – 15, 18, 24, 28 and 32 kW. All the boiler models boast a high energy efficiency rating. They are all A-rated ErP, with above 90% efficiency. However, the more powerful models may only reach Boiler Plus compliance when combined with additional time and temperature controls.
Baxi has won awards for its customer service. Online, customers seem to agree. Their Trustpilot rating is Excellent. This is probably in part due to its extended warranty period of 7 years parts and labour as standard. However, the warranty period is only valid if installed by a Gas Safe Registered engineer and if the boiler is serviced annually.
Ease of installation
The Baxi Megaflo System boiler range is designed for ease of installation. Whilst with a wide range of flue lengths available, the options for where the boiler can be installed is maximised.