Baxi Platinum+ 40kW Combi Boiler Review
The Baxi Platinum+ 40kW Combi is a wall-mounted, condensing boiler. In this review, we will explore the key features of the Platinum+ 40kW Combi. With this information, you can decide if it is the best choice for the needs of your property and household.
|Energy Efficiency Class||A-Rated|
|Warranty||10-year standard warranty|
|Central Heating Max. Output||40 kW|
|Dimensions||780mm (Height) x 450mm (Width) x 345 mm (Depth)|
- Holds an ErP ‘A’ energy efficiency rating, with an operation of 92% efficiency
- Made in the UK using high-quality brass components, including hydraulics
- Can be installed in a large cupboard or airing cupboard space, but not a standard kitchen cupboard. Can also be wall-mounted
- Simple to use controls with an LCD display
- Front access to components making it easy to service and repair
- Provides 40kW power with 16.4 litres/minute hot water for instant hot water performance
- Good value for money
- The Baxi Platinum+ 40kW Combi Boiler is designed for larger homes, making it an appropriate choice for medium-sized homes with up to two bathrooms
- Easy to install in a large cupboard in a kitchen, bathroom or airing cupboard. However, it won’t fit in a standard kitchen cupboard due to its large dimensions
- Can be integrated with Baxi’s uSense smart controls, allowing it to be operated using a smartphone or tablet.
- Features a large LCD display and comes with an Adey Micro2 Magnetic System filter, providing industry-leading system protection
- Comes with a 10-year standard parts and labour warranty
The Baxi Platinum+ 40kW Boiler is an efficient, high performance and affordable boiler that is perfect for homes with up to two bathrooms.
It has a range of features including OpenTherm interface, optional mechanical 24-hour timer, excellent flow rates of 16.4 litres per minute, compatibility with IFOS and OWOS weather sensors and a pre-plumbing jig with a permanent easy filling link and preformed copper tails.
A Baxi Platinum+ 40kW boiler can help you reduce your household’s carbon emissions and save money on your energy bills. It has an operating efficiency of 92% and an A ErP rating. This means it is compliant with the minimum energy efficiency rating required for Boiler Plus. Once installed, it will help you reduce your heating bills throughout its years of operation.
A trusted name in boiler manufacturing
Baxi has won awards for boiler design innovation and customer service. Owned by BDR Thermea based in The Netherlands, they have a reputation for reliability and great value.
The Baxi Platinum+ 40kW is a reliable model, with front access to all components meaning when it needs to be serviced or repaired it can be done in no time at all. The boiler comes with 10-year parts and labour warranty, providing it is installed and then serviced annually by a Gas Safe Registered heating engineer.
Perfect for larger homes
The Baxi Platinum+ 40kW comes in a standard size of 40kW, which is ideal for providing on-demand hot water to larger homes with more than one bathroom.
On-demand hot water will reduce energy waste and help to minimise water inefficiency in your home. Our installers will be happy to advise you whether this model is the best option for your needs.
The Baxi Platinum+ 40kW is compatible with Baxi’s uSense smart controls, which enable it to be operated using a tablet or smartphone whilst away from your home, or via the LCD control panel when at home. It also has a built-in frost thermostat to protect against freezing and a top flue outlet.