Baxi Platinum Combi Review
The Baxi Platinum Combi is a wall-mounted, condensing boiler – part of Baxi’s premium boiler range. We have outlined below the major features of the Platinum Combi and what you should know prior to purchase so you can decide if it’s the right model for your home and needs of your household.
|Energy Efficiency Class||A-Rated|
|Warranty||10-year standard warranty|
|Central Heating Max. Output||24, 33 or 40 kW|
|Dimensions||780mm (Height) x 450mm (Width) x 345 mm (Depth)|
- Holds an ErP ‘A’ energy efficiency rating, with an operation of 92% efficiency.
- Made in the UK using high-quality brass components
- Can be installed in a large cupboard or airing cupboard space, but it is too big to fit into a standard kitchen cupboard. It also features the ability to be wall-mounted
- Simple to use controls with an LCD display
- The 40kW output boiler provides up to 16.4 litres/minute of hot water for instant hot water performance
- Offers excellent value for money
- The Baxi Platinum Combi Boiler is a mid-range boiler, with a variety of outputs to choose from, making it an appropriate choice for small to medium-sized homes and apartments
- Easy to install in a large cupboard in a kitchen, bathroom or airing cupboard. However, it won’t fit in a standard kitchen cupboard due to its large dimensions
- Can integrate with the Baxi uSense smart controls or another smart thermostat, if mobile app control is preferred
- Equipped with technology including a large LCD display, frost protection and an EasyFill feature makes it easy to top up the central heating system pressure without the need to call an engineer for support
- Comes with a 7-year standard parts and labour warranty
Our thoughts on the Baxi Platinum Combi Boiler
The Baxi Platinum Combi Boiler is a well-designed and affordable boiler that is perfect for homes with up to 2 bathrooms. It has been engineered with low volume and optimised and efficient performance in mind.
A global brand
Baxi has won awards for its boiler design innovation and customer service and has developed a reputation for reliability and great value. Owned by an international company based in The Netherlands, however, the Baxi Platinum Combi Boiler is manufactured in the UK.
Choose the right model for your needs
The Baxi Platinum Combi is available in the following sizes: 24, 33, 40 kW. A combi boiler heats water directly from the mains for heating and hot water. This instant heating technology will reduce energy waste and help to minimise water inefficiency in your home. The right size boiler for your home will depend on your water usage. If you have more than one bathroom, you will likely need a larger kW power. Our installers will be happy to advise you on which is most appropriate for your needs.
Uses the latest technology
The Baxi Platinum Combi is compatible with Baxi’s uSense smart controls. However, it can also be integrated with other energy systems such as Tado or Hive. It can also be combined with a time and temperature control and Baxi’s Multifit IFOS System (In flue Outdoor Sensor) to add weather compensation functionality and make the boiler Boiler Plus compliant. There is a range of plugin timers and flue lengths so your gas engineer can install an all-round system that works for you.
Reduce your home’s gas and electricity consumption
The UK government has recently confirmed their intention to seek a net-zero emissions rating within the next ten years. The energy market remains volatile, so installing an economical boiler should be a priority for homeowners when replacing a boiler.
A Baxi boiler can help you reduce your household’s carbon emissions and save money on your energy bills. The operating capacity has been endorsed by the Energy Saving Trust and is compliant with Boiler Plus.