First Published: June 15, 2021. Updated: November 21, 2023
Baxi Platinum+ System Boiler Review
The Baxi Platinum+ System Boiler is part of Baxi’s Platinum range and is designed for larger properties with several bathrooms and households with high hot water demands.
|Energy Efficiency Class||A Rated|
|Warranty||10 year parts and labour|
|Central Heating Max. Output||32 kW|
|Dimensions||780 mm (Height) x 450 (Width) x 345 mm (Depth)|
- The Baxi Platinum+ System is suitable for houses that have the space for a hot water cylinder, as this will need to be incorporated into the heating system
- Perfect for homes that use a lot of hot water or need to use hot water in multiple locations of the home at once
- Includes an Adey Micro2 magnetic system filter to protect the heating system and boiler
- Like the other models in the Platinum range, it has an ‘A’ energy efficiency rating and is 92% efficient.
- The Baxi Platinum+ System Boiler is a popular system boiler in the Baxi range. The main benefits of a system boiler is that you can access hot water from different parts of your home simultaneously without impacting the pressure. It is compatible with the market-leading Megaflo Eco hot water cylinder, which can be installed alongside the boiler
- It’s of a medium size, so it can fit in an airing cupboard, or fit on the wall in somewhere like a kitchen or bathroom. However, it is too large to fit in a standard kitchen cupboard
- Includes built in frost risk protection via the thermostat
- The Baxi Platinum+ System does not have OpenTherm Interface, which means it does not work with smart heating controls.
- Available with an extended warranty period of ten years
- Can be controlled via a simple LCD display on the front of the boiler where you can monitor the boiler’s settings.
The Baxi Platinum+ System Boiler requires a water cylinder if you don’t already have one. It is designed to integrate with the Megaflo Eco cylinder, which can help to maximise the efficiency of your boiler and increase its hot water flow rates.
This style of boiler can generally provide more hot water than an equivalent standard combi boiler. Our installers will be happy to advise if this boiler is suitable for your home.
The Baxi Platinum+ System is manufactured by Baxi. This company is all about reliability and affordability. The boiler works by heating the water in your central heating system as well as by storing hot water in a domestic cylinder.
This boiler has an A ErP rating and operates at 92% efficiency, so whilst not the highest efficiency boiler, it will make a marked difference to your energy bills if you choose this to replace an older non-condensing system boiler.
The Baxi Platinum+ System is operated using its simple integrated LCD control panel. Installation is also made easier, thanks to the included pre-plumbing jig, which means the plumbing works can be completed before the boiler is installed. There are also multiple flue options available which maximise the possibilities of where the boiler can be installed. The boiler is compatible with many mechanical timers and thermostats.
Manufactured in the UK
The Baxi Platinum+ System boiler and its components are manufactured in factories in Preston and Norwich – just like the other models in the Baxi range. If you are looking to buy a UK-made system boiler – look no further. Parts for Baxi products, when you need a service or a repair, are widely available across the UK.