First Published: January 25, 2024. Updated: February 7, 2024
F75 Vaillant Fault Code – How to fix
The Vaillant F75 fault code typically indicates a problem with the boiler’s water pressure or pump. This requires professional assessment and repair. While some preliminary checks can be done at home, resolving the issue often involves technical expertise.
Understanding the Vaillant F75 fault code
The F75 error code on Vaillant boilers is commonly associated with issues related to the boiler’s water pressure or pump. This fault code is a signal that the boiler’s internal system is experiencing difficulties, potentially leading to inefficient operation or a complete shutdown.
The official line from Vaillant is, “no sudden change in pressure when turning the pump on”.
Common causes of the F75 error
- The F75 error can be triggered by a faulty pressure sensor, which is responsible for detecting changes in the boiler’s water pressure.
- Another common cause is a malfunctioning pump, which can impede the proper circulation of water within the boiler system.
DIY checks and preliminary steps:
You can perform a basic check like ensuring the boiler’s pressure is within the recommended range. You can also bleed your radiators. This may help if airlocks are suspected to be part of the problem. But, this might not resolve the issue if it’s related to a more complex component failure.
Professional diagnosis and repair
- You will require a Gas Safe registered engineer to replacing a faulty pump or pressure sensor.
- The cost of professional services varies based on the complexity of the repair and regional rates.
Boiler replacement considerations
- If the boiler is old or the cost of repair is high, replacing the boiler might be more cost-effective in the long run.
- Finance options are available to manage the expense of a new boiler.
Warranty and repair coverage
- Vaillant boiler warranties usually cover manufacturing defects but not issues arising from external factors or misuse.
- Regular servicing by a qualified professional is crucial to maintain warranty validity.
The Vaillant F75 fault code is an indicator of a potentially serious issue within your boiler. Understanding the common causes and knowing when to call in a professional are key to ensuring your boiler’s efficient and safe operation. Regular maintenance is also vital in preventing such issues.
Unfortunately, your boiler may be unrepairable. If this is the case, get a boiler replacement quote for a premium boiler with Boilerhut:
- Next day boiler installation.
- ‘Excellent’ 5* customer satisfaction on Trustpilot.
- Finance options available.
- 10 to 12-year warranty on most boilers.
- Fixed prices. No hidden extras.
- Get up to three quotes for different-tier boilers.
- Instant, no-obligation quote in less than 1 minute.