The Glow-worm Betacom₄ Combi Boiler is a wall-mounted, condensing boiler – part of Glow-worm’s affordable boiler range. We have outlined below the major features of this boiler. We include all the technical specifications you should know before you buy so you can decide if it’s the right model for your property and household.
Price (Installed): From £ (inc. VAT)
Glow-worm Betacom₄ Combi Boiler Technical Specification
|Energy Efficiency Class||A-Rated|
|Central Heating Max. Output||24 or 30 kW|
|Dimensions||740mm (Height) x 418mm (Width) x 300mm (Depth)|
*When registered within 30 days
The Glow-worm Betacom₄ Combi Boiler is available in the following sizes: 24 and 30 kW
|kW Size||Flow Rate|
Glow-worm Betacom₄ Combi Boiler Key Features
- Has an ErP ‘A’ energy efficiency rating, with an operation of 86% efficiency
- Compact and lightweight design, which makes it easier to install
- Available in two output sizes – 24 and 30 kW delivering 10 and 12.4 litres per minute of hot water respectively
- Can be installed in a large cupboard or airing cupboard space because of its small size, or it can be wall-mounted
- Simple to use manual controls and compatible with certain smart energy management systems
- Utilises an aluminium heat exchanger
- Manufactured in the UK
About the Glow-worm Betacom₄ Combi Boiler
- The Glow-worm Betacom₄ Combi Boiler is a mid-range boiler, making it an appropriate choice for medium and large homes that need higher levels of hot water
- Easy to install in a large cupboard in a kitchen, bathroom or airing cupboard
- Compatible with Glow-worm’s range of smart controls, including the MiGo app
- Large backlit LCD interface and can be combined with a wide range of flues
- Covered by a 5-year guarantee
Our thoughts on the Glow-worm Betacom₄ Combi Boiler
The Glow-worm Betacom₄ Combi Boiler is primarily designed as a domestic boiler that is perfect for homes with up to 2-bathrooms. It provides heat and hot water for those with limited space for a cylinder or tank, as a combi boiler doesn’t need either. There are two outputs to choose from – 24 and 30 Kw.
As it’s from Glow-worm, which is considered by many to be Vaillant’s budget brand, the Betacom₄ Combi Boiler utilises cheaper quality components than Vaillant boilers. The biggest cheaper quality component this boiler utilises is the heat exchanger. Made from aluminium, as opposed to the stainless steel heat exchangers used in premium boilers, the Betacom₄’s heat exchanger will be more susceptible to corrosion across its service life. This corrosion can have a marked effect on the efficiency of the boiler, meaning that this is reduced rather than retained as the boiler is used.
An established UK brand
Glow-worm is an award-winning boiler manufacturer. Designed and manufactured in Belper, Derbyshire, they have been operating in the UK since the 1930s. Known for straightforward, easy to install and affordable products, the Glow-worm Betacom₄ Combi is ideal for homes looking for good value for money.
However, it is worth noting that Glow-worm’s energy efficiency ratings can be beaten in performance by competitors.
This model, like many others in the Glow-worm range, is also compatible with the complete range of Glow-worm controls. This includes the MiGo app-based smart controls (sold separately), which give you the flexibility to control your heating from anywhere, at any time. They can also help you to reduce your heating bills and energy consumption.
Additionally, there is also an in-built filling loop for ease of use and maintenance.
Leading the way to reduced household energy consumption
Like many others in the heating engineering sector, Glow-worm is trying to increase the performance and efficiency of their products. With above 80% energy efficiency rating, your home will benefit from reduced electricity and gas bills after installation and this will help to minimise your carbon footprint.
Hot water when you need it
The Betacom offers a minimum of 10 litres per minute flow rate of hot water and provides hot water on demand, this is largely thanks to the aluminium heat exchanger. However, as noted above, aluminium heat exchangers do have their drawbacks.
Wide availability of parts
As this model is manufactured in the UK and widely sold you will have no problems finding parts if you need a service or repair.
If you need a replacement item you can find spare parts at Screwfix, Plumbase and other plumbing merchants both in-store and online.