Grant Vortex Blue Oil Boiler Review
The Grant Vortex Blue is an oil boiler range that is available in a range of models and sizes, and as both a system boiler and a combi boiler.
The different size options means there is likely to be an option that suits your needs for hot water and heating.
If you are considering the Grant Vortex Blue as your next oil boiler, we have prepared this guide to share all our technical insights on this model.
|Energy Efficiency Class||A-Rated|
|Central Heating Max. Output||21kW, 26kW and 36kW|
|Weight||130 – 225 kg|
|Dimensions||945 mm (Height) x 658 mm (Width) x 966 mm (Depth)|
- The Grant Vortex Blue Boiler has an ‘A’ energy efficiency rating. It produces space heating efficiencies of between 90.8 – 94.5%
- Internal and external models available – external models include durable coating designed for reliable outdoor operation
- Suitable for all home sizes
- Floor standing, so needs additional room to be installed as opposed to a wall-mounted boiler. Can fit in the space of a standard appliance like a washing machine, dishwasher, etc.
- Comes with a 10-year warranty, subject to terms and conditions
The Grant Vortex Blue is an energy-efficient and reliable oil boiler, that offers a range of options for heating to homes and businesses. This range is compatible with biofuels for those who are looking to reduce their carbon footprint and switch to a renewable energy source for heating their home.
The Grant Vortex Blue Combi Boiler offers reliable hot water, as and when you need it, and can maintain hot water pressure when hot water is needed at multiple locations in your home simultaneously.
Like all oil boilers, it is larger than a standard combi boiler. The Grant Vortex Blue range also has an internal and external model, with the external model being heavier and larger than the indoor range.
- Energy efficient with an ErP ‘A’ rating
- Combi models include a 24-litre expansion vessel and factory-fitted multi-directional flue supplied as standard
- Combi models are compatible with Grant EZ-Fit flue systems
- Includes Riello Blue Flame burner resulting in a cleaner combustion process and extremely low NOx emissions
- Features a large heat exchanger which delivers improved hot-water efficiency
- Relatively easy to install and repair
The Grant Vortex Blue Oil Boiler is a low polluting and high performance optimised boiler available in both system, combi, internal and external models. It is also possible to integrate this boiler with some biofuels.
This range comes in three sizes – 21, 26 and 36 kW, these outputs will suit most households and many businesses that can accommodate a floor standing boiler. This boiler can generally provide adequate hot water for most average-sized family homes.
The Grant Vortex Blue features neon diagnostic indicators to make diagnostic tasks easier and automated where possible. This range from Grant is biofuel compatible (dependent on the type of biofuel and % blend). Our installers will be happy to advise you on the potential for your unit.
Engineering excellence from the UK
Grant oil boilers have been endorsed by the Energy Saving Trust for over fifteen years, reflecting their commitment to energy efficiency. Like many of its competitors, such as Worcester Bosch, Grant boilers are manufactured in the UK.
Grant boilers have a reputation for high performance and reliability. This is reflected in their Which? ratings which are positive. For homes that do have access to the gas network, a Grant Vortex Blue oil boiler is a cost-effective option for your home.
Ease of installation
The Grant Vortex Blue models come with lots of useful features which make installation easier. Sealed system kits are available for all models. They are also supplied with a factory fitted multi-directional flue, which saves your gas engineer time and money to install.