Ideal Mexico HE Gas Boiler Review
The Ideal Mexico HE Gas Boiler is a floor-standing, heat only boiler model that is designed to fit in an appliance space in a kitchen or utility room.
Our team has reviewed this model and have included all of the information you need to know before choosing this boiler for your home.
|Energy Efficiency Class||A-Rated|
|Warranty||2-year parts and labour warranty|
|Central Heating Max. Output||36 kW|
|Dimensions||850mm (Height) x 450 (Width) x 530mm (Depth)|
- This is a large, floor-standing boiler that comes in a range of outputs
- Fits underneath a standard kitchen worktop
- Holds an ‘A’ ErP energy efficiency rating and is 88% efficient for heat
- Includes frost protection, so can be safely installed in rooms with less insulation (like a utility room)
- Has an easy to use digital display and an optional remote user kit
- Only has a short 2 year parts and labour warranty
- The Ideal Mexico HE Gas Boiler has been designed for low running costs and minimal maintenance. It would suit a home that is looking for a replacement freestanding boiler
- Lighter than many competitors, can be installed underneath most kitchen worktops
- User-friendly status display featuring temperature control and diagnostics
- Poor reviews for reliability in Which? consumer surveys
The Ideal Mexico HE Gas Boiler is a regular boiler, which must be installed along with a hot water cylinder and storage tank. For this reason, and because the boiler unit itself is very large, it won’t be a good option if you have limited space in your home.
Another thing to be wary of is the warranty period. At only two years, it is way below other boilers in the Ideal range as well as other manufacturers. As their reliability approval rating isn’t high, this could catch some customers out.
Variety of choice
The Ideal Mexico HE Gas Boiler includes five sizes – 15, 18, 24, 30 and 36 kW. That means they are likely to have one that suits your home’s average energy consumption.
The Ideal Mexico HE is also endorsed by the Energy Saving Trust, so if you have an old boiler you are looking to upgrade, the Mexico HE will likely still help you to reduce your heating bills.
Easy to fit where you need
Although large, this boiler is considered compact for its type and power. This makes it ideal for homes that require top level heat output and have the space to fit the Ideal Mexico HE in a utility room. However, space for a hot water cylinder and water tank will also need to be factored in, when planning the installation.
Thanks to its relatively lightweight design, it is easy to install and service.
Choose from a range of control options
Alongside the simple digital control panel, customers can also use the optional remote user kit. There is also the option of a condensate pump kit which will help the Mexico HE reduce the risk of condensation issues when in operation.
Manufactured in the UK
The Ideal Mexico HE is manufactured in the Ideal factory in Hull, Yorkshire. For those keen to buy from a UK-based brand steeped in manufacturing history, they are the go-to choice.
Wide availability of parts
The Ideal Mexico HE is manufactured in the UK. Therefore, if you need a replacement item for a repair or service you can find spare parts at Screwfix, Plumbase and other plumbing merchants both in-store and online.