Ideal vs Viessmann Boilers over the years, have built up a reputation of affordable and reliable boilers in the UK market. Ideal Boilers have long been one of the most installed boilers in the UK. I remember when I first moved to a new semi-detached house, it had an Ideal standard boiler installed in the kitchen. It wasn’t brand new, but it worked great for the two years I was there with occasional hiccups like loss of water pressure or water hammer issues. So, if you’re in the market for a new boiler, Ideal vs Viessmann Boilers is a good comparison to look for. Much like many other comparisons on our website, we have tried to remain completely unbiased, giving you facts and figures, without any sales pitches, so you as the customer can make your mind up with the right information.
If you are in the market for a new boiler, whether Ideal vs Viessmann boilers, you can get an online boiler quote within minutes by entering your postcode in the box below and hitting the green button:
What’s more, the latest addition to Viessmann’s range is the Vitovalor 300-P, which is a power-generating fuel cell heating appliance for detached and semi-detached homes. That can generate electricity and heat simultaneously with a fuel cell. What’s more, you get government subsidies of up to £6,000 under the Microgeneration Certification Scheme. Read more about it by clicking the following link: Viessmann Vitovalor 300-P
Now, going back to the Vitodens 100-W, below are some of its key features:
- Wall mounted gas condensing boiler, 4.7 to 35.0kW.
- Compact dimensions save space, particularly when installed in a living area.
- Heating Seasonal Efficiency (ErP) – 94%
- Great as a replacement for older appliances due to low installed height and
- Installation space for adaptation to existing systems.
- Inox-Radial Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger with 10-Year Guarantee.
- Heat Exchanger is Patented and Manufactured In-House.
- PRV (Pressure Release Valve) and Condensate Connection are combined.
- Built-in Shock Arresters for quiet operation, and to avoid water hammer problems.
- Low operating noise through extended modulation ratio.
- Modulation ratio: up to 1:6.
- User friendly control via backlit LCD touchscreen (option for control via room thermostats).
- Straightforward access from the front, so no need to leave space at side for maintenance.
- Also approved for multiple connections to stacks in multi storey buildings.
Ideal vs Viessmann Boilers – Plate vs Inox-Radial Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger
Viessmann’s Patented Inox-Radial Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger
Manufactured in-house and comes with a standard 10 year warranty
While both boilers come with a stainless steel heat exchanger, Viessmann’s is a bit better. If you search the internet for a Viessmann 100-W Review, most of them will emphasize the superiority of the Viessmann boiler because of the patented Inox-Radial Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger, pictured above. It is manufactured in-house by Viessmann. It is patented. And it’s made of the highest grade of stainless steel, i.e. Inox. All of this means the heat exchanger inside a Viessmann boiler will last longer, stay more efficient, and be highly resistant to corrosion for the life of the boiler. And because a heat exchanger to a boiler is like an engine to a car, you can imagine how important it is for the longevity of your boiler.
Below is a comparison of the lifespan of a stainless steel heat exchanger (in blue) vs an aluminium heat exchanger (in red).
Ideal vs Viessmann Boilers – After Sales Service
While on the surface, Ideal being more established in the UK market, would seem like the better choice for after sales service, surprisingly that isn’t the case anymore! When Viessmann first started gaining momentum in the UK, being a German company it was a bit behind on stocking of parts. Having seen consumer complaints around the same, Viessmann went to great lengths to resolve it by opening their UK based headquarters and distribution centre in Telford, Shropshire. Not only that, but Viessmann parts are now stocked all over the UK at every Plumbase branch, and their network of engineers is widespread all across the UK. Which means if your boiler runs into any snag, parts are readily available and a Viessmann engineer can be at your doorstep within 24-48 hours.
Ideal vs Viessmann Boilers – Our Verdict
Both of them are excellent boilers, and similarly priced. However, for us the Viessmann 100-W edges it, not only for higher efficiency and being more compact, but also because their heat exchanger is patented technology and manufactured in-house. So, while you may find Ideal’s heat exchanger in other boilers, that won’t be the case with Viessmann. Plus, as Germans do, Viessmann have refined their technology and brought the heat exchanger up to very high standards. Making it more efficient, reliable, durable and highly resistant to corrosion. Viessmann is our choice also because they are an innovative brand, and are working on exciting new technology as discussed above. Watch this space.
Ideal or Viessmann Boilers – Buy from Boilerhut
Whichever boiler you want to buy, Boilerhut have made the process of buying a boiler online faster and easier for you. You can get an online quote on our website within minutes, followed by a phone survey by one of our surveyors. And depending on your circumstances, we will finalize your quote and install the boiler at your home within 2-3 days.
PLEASE NOTE: The price you get through our quoting system includes everything that is required, for ex:
- A Modern, Brand New A-Rated Condensing Boiler with a Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger.
- Flue Options – Horizontal or Vertical.
- Chemical/Power Flush and Magnacleanse System Flushes.
- Gas run upgrades and associated pipework
- Magnetic System Filter and Limescale Filters.
- Boiler Plus Legislation 2018 Compliant Smart, Programmable Wireless Digital Thermostats.
- Weather Compensation.
- Registration of Extended Warranties (Up to 10 years).
- Gas Safe and OFTEC Approved Installers = Expert Installation.
- Expert Handover and Induction on Boiler, Controls and Best Usage.
- Building Regulations Notification, Certification + Commissioning & Testing to Complete Benchmark.
Extended Warranties & Competitive Pricing
Because we are Premium Partners and Accredited Installers with two of the “Best Buy” UK Boiler Brands, we can offer you not only extended warranties of up to 10 years. But because we buy hundreds of these boilers at a time, we can be very competitive on price. You can start by getting an online boiler quote below: