Navien Hybrigen SE Boiler Review
The Navien Hybrigen SE is an innovative boiler that offers heat produced from a Stirling engine. It means radically reduced emissions making it one of the most energy-efficient boilers on the market. Learn more in our review below.
|Energy Efficiency Class||A Rated|
|Central Heating Max. Output||31.2 kW|
|Weight||34, 36 or 37 kg|
|Dimensions||695mm (Height) x 480 (Width) x 290mm (Depth)|
- Very compact and lightweight
- Can easily be installed in a cupboard or wall-mounted
- Granted an ‘A’ energy efficiency rating
- Powered by a Stirling engine, which is one of the leading external combustion engines in the world
- Heats hot water near-instantly and provides continuous access
- Simple and intuitive boiler control panel
- Eco-friendly energy equipment that produces much less noise and vibration
- Can providing and hot water for even the largest homes with up to 4 bathrooms
- The Navien Hybrigen SE represents the next generation of boilers and is market-leading when it comes to energy efficiency and a reduction in fossil fuel-related pollution and emissions
- Can be installed even in a cupboard because of its compact design – in the kitchen, bathroom or airing cupboard
- Has a small size and low weight
- Manufactured in South Korea and benefitting from masterful engineering and design
The Navien Hybrigen SE is a truly innovative boiler. The Stirling engine produces electricity, which is then converted for generating heat and hot water. The boiler is suitable for even the largest homes. These models can reduce your energy bills by hundreds of pounds a year, and meanwhile provide the high performance that you need from a boiler designed for large homes.
A quality boiler from a famous brand
Navien is a South Korean company that has the biggest boiler manufacturing plant in the world, which is located just outside of Seoul. South Korea is synonymous with world-class engineering and design, and so you can expect a boiler of high quality and with an international reputation for quality and design.
Addressing the threat of climate change
We all know the dangers posed by climate change, and with the UK aiming for net-zero emissions by 2050, we will all have to make big changes to the way we consume energy. The Navien Hybrigen SE can revolutionise your energy usage at home.
The boiler boasts huge reductions in gas and electricity bills and is one of the cleanest models on the market.
Both boiler models are rated highly for energy efficiency, and the Navien Hybrigen SE was granted an ‘A’ ErP rating and operates at 107% efficiency.
Innovative energy generation
Powered by one of the world’s leading external combustion engines. But what does that mean for your heat and hot water? The Navien Hybrigen SE works by heating the space, which contains the piston and cylinder and is filled with Helium gas. As the piston goes down, the volume of the Helium gas expands. Meanwhile, the piston goes up when the volume of the helium gas is compressed which is cooled automatically. Through repetition of the piston’s movement, electric energy is generated which is then transferred into heating and hot water when you need it.
Thanks to this innovative technology, the reduction in carbon emissions compared to a standard boiler are significant.
Less noise and vibration
As well as a reduction in emissions, this boiler generates very low decibel volume when operating with marginal vibration, so it can be installed in a family room and be almost unnoticeable.
Wide availability of parts
Although not manufactured in the UK, the Navien boilers, including the Hybrigen SE, have parts widely available from plumbing wholesale and retail stores around the country.