First Published: September 13, 2018. Updated: May 1, 2023
Which Combi Boiler
Which Combi Boiler is Best for My Property?
Which Combi Boiler is the Best in the UK?
These are questions probably on your mind right now if your 20 year old boiler has just packed in. In fact in our experience, people who are not homeowners, and who’ve been renting all around the UK and never had to bother with a boiler installation, don’t even know what a combi boiler is or how it works. Which is why we’ve made educational posts with factual information like:
You can click on any of the titles above to read those posts in their entirety to fully understand which combi boiler you should be buying.
In the following post, we’ll look objectively at specifically which combi boiler is best suited to your needs, and back up our information with facts, figures and unbiased opinions. Whether we work closely with any manufacturer should have no bearing on information in this post, which you as an educated reader can discern easily.
Which Combi Boiler is Best for Your Property?
We’ve done an extensive post on a similar topic in the past, which looks at all types of boilers (Open Vent, System or Combi) suitable for your property. Click the following link to read it in its entirety: Which Boiler is Best
To find out which combi boiler best suits your property, please see our recommendations below.
PLEASE NOTE: The prices given below are plumbing merchant rates for boiler only. For a full combi boiler installation quote, please enter your postcode below and hit the green button:
Flat or a Small House with 1-2 Bedrooms and up to 1 Bathroom
- Viessmann Vitodens 050-W Combi Boiler (29kW) – £897.12 inc VAT
- Worcester Greenstar 25i Combi Boiler (25kW) – £906.99 inc VAT
- Vaillant ecoTEC Pro 24 Combi Boiler (24kW) – £980.00 inc VAT
High Performance Options:
- Viessmann Vitodens 100-W Combi boiler (26kW) – £1,153.86 inc VAT
- Worcester Greenstar 29CDi Classic Combi Boiler (29kW) – £1,110.88 inc VAT
- Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 825 Combi Boiler (25kW) – £1,095.27 inc VAT
- Viessmann Vitodens 200-W Combi boiler with Vitotronic 200 (26kW) – £1,507.62 inc VAT
To find out which combi boiler is best suited to your property and how much a combi boiler installation for a flat or a small house will cost, you can get a free, no-obligation quote within minutes by entering your postcode below and hitting green button:
Semi-Detached, Mid or End Terraced House – 3 Bedrooms – 2 Bathrooms
- Viessmann Vitodens 050-W Combi Boiler (35kW) – £986.88 inc VAT
High Performance Options:
- Viessmann Vitodens 100-W Combi boiler (35kW) – £1,275.30 inc VAT
- Viessmann Vitodens 111-W Storage Combi boiler (26 kW) – £1,675.26 inc VAT
- Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 938 Storage Combi Boiler (38kW) – £1,530.98 inc VAT
- Worcester Bosch Greenstar Highflow 550CDi (30kW) – £2,434.58 inc VAT
- Viessmann Vitodens 200-W Combi boiler with Vitotronic 200 (35kW) – £1,679.22 inc VAT
To find out which combi boiler is best suited to your property, and how much a combi boiler installation for a semi-detached, mid or end terraced house will cost, you can get a free, no-obligation quote within minutes by entering your postcode below and hitting green button:
Large/Detached House – 4+ Bedrooms – Multiple bathrooms
- Viessmann Vitodens 111-W Storage Combi boiler (35 kW) – £1,805.28 inc VAT
- Viessmann Vitodens 222-F Storage Combi Boiler with Weather Compensation (35kW) – £2,850.06 inc VAT
- Viessmann Vitodens 242-F Storage Combi Heating Tower (26kW) – £4,748.22 inc VAT
To find out which combi boiler is best suited to your property, and how much a combi boiler installation will cost, you can get a free, no-obligation quote within minutes by entering your postcode below and hitting green button:
Which Combi Boiler Brands are the Best in the UK?
Viessmann have been world leaders in the commercial boiler space for a long time, and their foray into the domestic boiler market has been fairly recent compared to its competitors. But the expertise they’ve built up over years has shone through in their impressive lineup of condensing boilers. Which has earned them the “UK Best Buy” award from one of the biggest consumer research magazines in the UK for the second year running in 2018. Below are a couple of reasons why they stand above the competition:
Patented Inox-Radial Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger
Manufactured in-house at their massive factory in Germany which makes both residential and commercial boilers, this is one impressive piece of kit. Because it’s made out of the highest grade of steel, it’s more durable, reliable, resistant to corrosion and be efficient longer than all its rivals. Which combi boiler in the UK has this component? All boilers in the entire Viessmann range. This is why Viessmann are comfortable giving 10-year warranties on their heat exchanger throughout their boiler range. All of their main rivals, including Worcester Bosch, use an aluminium heat exchanger in their boilers, which may start off okay, but will lose efficiency over years due to corrosion due to daily thermal stresses, as shown in this graph:
Combined PRV (Pressure Release Valve) and Condensate Connection
Installation is faster, simpler and more cost-effective, and long runs of additional piping are no longer required.
In-Built Shock Arresters
Composite Hydroblock incorporates a shock arrester, so no extra expansion vessel is required. Also reduces the chance of a water hammer problem.
Extended 10 Year Warranties
7-10 Year Warranties on Parts & Labour, and 10 Year Warranties on Inox-Radial Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger throughout their boiler range. Extended warranties are available if installed by Viessmann Trained Installers or Premium Partners like Boilerhut. You can get a free, no-obligation online quote below and decide which combi boiler you would like to buy:
2. Worcester Bosch
Worcester was founded in 1962 and got acquired by the German Bosch Group in 1996. They are the UK market leader in domestic boilers.
High Quality – High-Efficiency Boilers
People in the UK know Worcester Bosch as a reliable brand, and their boilers are well known for their heating and hot water efficiency. Their Greenstar gas and oil boilers have been awarded a Best Buy (along with Viessmann and Vaillant) award by one of the biggest consumer research bodies in the UK. They are also known for excellent customer service and reassuring guarantees.
Vaillant has been active in the heating market for 140 years and are known for making high-efficiency innovative boilers. Their impressive range of boilers covers heating and hot water needs for most properties in the UK. They also have storage combi boilers, which Worcester Bosch don’t.
While we won’t necessarily call these two brands top of the line, but if you’re looking to save a bit of money while still getting a decent boiler, their boilers will get the job done. Having said that, the price difference between them and the top of the line boilers isn’t huge. We haven’t included the worst boilers in the UK in this article.
Which Combi Boiler Model is the Best in the UK?
And the Most Efficient?
And the Quietest?
Viessmann 200-W Gas Condensing Combi Boiler – Available in 26kw, 30kw and 35kW sizes
Starting at £1,507.62 inc VAT for the 26kW Model (Boiler-Only Price. Does not Include Installation and Extras Cost)
This is the most powerful, energy-efficient, premium, technologically advanced boiler available in the UK market at the moment. It is fairly expensive compared to other boiler models in its range, but rightfully so. You may pay more beforehand, but reap the energy-saving benefits years down the line. Below are some of the reasons why it deserves that price tag:
- Highest Energy Efficiency in the UK at 98% and Above with Weather Compensation.
- Quietest Boiler in the UK at 34db compared to Rivals between 45db to 50db.
- Vitotronic control unit with a 5-inch colour touchscreen.
- High-Efficiency Pump Saves up to 50% of Electrical Consumption.
- Automatically Adapts to Different Gas Types. No LPG conversion kit required.
- Future proof Lambda Pro Control Combustion Controller.
- Compact dimensions, only 450 mm wide.
- Control via app and internet (with optional Vitoconnect 100 WLAN adaptor)
- Energy Efficiency Class: A
- System boiler: Cascade with up to six boilers up to 594 kW possible
- Environmentally responsible MatriX cylinder burner
- Optional remote fault notifications for Viessmann Trained Installers
Which combi boiler installation company should you choose?
Surprise, surprise, we would recommend ourselves! Yes, guys, even though we’re shamelessly biased and tooting our own horn, but below are some reasons you need to consider Boilerhut when you’re on the fence for which combi boiler you should buy:
Our Trustpilot Reviews: We are Rated 9.4/10 (At time of Writing)
We are Viessmann Premium Partners
- Extended 7-10 Year Warranties
- Viessmann Engineer at your Door within 24-48 Hours for Any Technical Faults
- Intelligent Quoting Tool; Free, No-Obligation Quotes Within Minutes
- Get Online Quotes for Full Central Heating Systems
- Free, Helpful Advice around Boilers and Central Heating
- Attractive Finance Options
- Excellent After Sales Customer Support
- Boiler Care Plans to Preserve Manufacturer’s Warranty
If you’re still stuck on which combi boiler you should buy, you can speak to our heating experts for some unbiased, free heating advice and help. Join the tribe of our raving fans and begin your Boilerhut journey today by getting a free, no-obligation online quote below: