First Published: March 25, 2021. Updated: November 21, 2023
Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDi Highflow Gas Boiler Review
The Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDi Highflow Gas Boiler Boiler is part of Worcester Bosch’s Greenstar range. Our team have reviewed this model and have summarised what you need to know before choosing this boiler for your home.
|Model||Greenstar CDi Highflow|
|Energy Efficiency Class||A Rated|
|Central Heating Max. Output||29.2 or 30.6 kW|
|Dimensions||850mm (Height) x 600 (Width) x 600mm (Depth)|
- This is a large, floor-standing boiler that has been designed for homes with 2+ bathrooms and high hot water demands
- Fits underneath a standard kitchen worktop
- Holds an ‘A’ energy efficiency rating and is over 90% efficient for heat and hot water
- Includes frost protection so can be safely installed in home areas with less insulation, such as a loft space
- Provides high hot water rates of up to 25 litres per minute
- As a combination boiler, the Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDi Highflow does not require water storage or tanks
- Comes with a wide variety of control options, include smart technology compatibility
- The Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDi Highflow Gas Boiler has been designed for homes that require access to continuous hot water and are at the top end of household water users
- Does not wall mount, this boiler weighs over 100kg and is floor standing, but can be installed underneath most kitchen worktops.
- Can integrate with smart thermostats, including the Worcester Bosch EasyControl system.
- Part of the energy-efficient Greenstar range, which has won the Which? ‘Best Buy’ award multiple times
The Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDi Highflow Gas Boiler is a reliable boiler engineered to provide energy-efficient hot water and heating to larger homes.
Very large and heavy
With dimensions similar to a washing machine or a dishwasher and a weight of over 100kg, this is a very large and heavy boiler. For this reason, it is a floor-standing boiler and won’t fit in a kitchen cupboard. Instead, it is more suited to being housed in a recess where a washing machine or a dishwasher would go
A name you know
Worcester Bosch is a name you will know. The company has been offering boilers to the UK market since the 1960s. Throughout this time, they have developed an excellent reputation. However, it should be noted that the quality of some of their boilers is not what it once was.
Aluminium heat exchanger
The reason the quality is not what it once was is largely down to the aluminium heat exchangers utilised across the Worcester Bosch range. What you will ultimately find with the Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDi Highflow Gas Boiler is that this boiler will offer excellent heat transfer and efficiency initially. However, the efficiency will reduce, the more that the boiler is used. This is because the aluminium heat exchanger is highly susceptible to rust and corrosion which will affect efficiency.
Whilst these issues will be covered as part of the warranty, once out of warranty the repair costs for this will be costly.
There can be issues with access depending on how the boilers are installed. However, if installed with ample space surrounding the boiler, the removable side panels provide ease of access when the boiler requires servicing or repairs
Choose from a range of control options
With the CDi Highflow boilers, you can opt for the standard manual control panel, featuring an LED display. You also have the option to install a complimentary smart heating system. Utilising smart technology, you can control heating remotely with compatible Android and iOs operating system smartphones.
Assembled in the UK
The Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDi Highflow is assembled in the Worcester Bosch production facility in Worcestershire. Whilst it is assembled here, many of the parts it is made up of are manufactured elsewhere by 3rd party companies.
Many of the parts and components utilised within this boiler are made from plastic. This is quite a negative point as equivalent boilers at a similar price point from rival manufacturers instead use higher quality brass components.