The Worcester Bosch Greenstar Danesmoor Oil Boiler is part of Worcester Bosch’s Greenstar range. Interested in upgrading your current oil boiler? Then this review will tell you everything you need to know.
Price (Installed): From £3043 (inc. VAT)
The Worcester Bosch Greenstar Danesmoor Range
The Worcester Bosch Greenstar Danesmoor Oil Boiler range is available as both a system and a regular boiler in 18kW, 25kW, and 32kW outputs, and is available in internal, External, and Utility options.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar Danesmoor Oil Boiler Key Features
- The internal model is suitable for installation in a kitchen or utility room, whilst the Utility model features concealed controls, and the External model is designed to be installed outside
- Options available for small, medium and large homes
- Top, side and rear flue outlets
- Holds an ‘A’ energy efficiency rating and is over 90% efficient
- Compatible with Worcester Bosch Greenskies solar panels and Greenstore hot water cylinders
- Suitable for use with underfloor heating
- Analogue dial display
- Comes with a wide variety of control options, including compatibility with Bosch’s EasyControl for smart technology integration
- Cross firing burner
- Single piece primary baffle
- Equipped with a stainless steel heat exchanger
About the Worcester Bosch Greenstar Danesmoor Oil Boiler
- Available in system and regular boiler options, and as an internal boiler for installation in the home, a Utility model for installation in a garage or a boiler room, and an External model for installation outside
- Available with concealed controls (Utility and External models)
- Equipped with a robust weatherproof cabinet and IP45 protection (External model) for protection against water, dust and the weather
- Part of the energy-efficient Greenstar range which has won the Which? ‘Best Buy’ award multiple times
Our thoughts on the Worcester Bosch Greenstar Danesmoor Oil Boiler
The Worcester Bosch Greenstar Danesmoor Oil Boiler comes in internal, External and Utility options. Essentially, this provides you with versatile options as to where you can install this boiler and brings additional benefits such as concealed controls.
If you have the space in your kitchen or utility room, the internal version of the boiler will suit you. However, if you are looking to install the boiler to the outside of your property, the External version of the boiler, with its IP45 weatherproof construction, will be the boiler for you and your property. If you are looking for concealed controls and a smarter design, the Utility option of this boiler is the one to go for. Making the boiler blend in with the other appliances in your property, the concealed controls will also prevent little hands from adjusting the boiler accidentally.
Available as a system and regular boiler, and with a range of kW outputs, there is a Worcester Bosch Greenstar Danesmoor Oil Boiler to suit most property sizes and the heating and hot water requirements of most households.
A name you know
Worcester Bosch is a name you will know. The company has been offering boilers to the UK market since the 1960s. Throughout this time, they have developed an excellent reputation. However, it should be noted that the quality of some of their boilers is not what it once was.
Commitment to energy efficiency
As it can also be used in conjunction with renewable energy sources such as Worcester Bosch’s Greenskies solar panels, the Greenstar Danesmoor Oil Boiler offers increased sustainability. All of the boiler options in the Danesmoor range are A-rated with efficiencies of above 90%, as standard. This can be increased by utilising the optional 7-day programmer or using the boiler in conjunction with Bosch’s EasyControl.
Stainless steel heat exchanger
Unlike the other boiler ranges offered by Worcester Bosch, the Danesmoor range is unique in that it utilises a stainless steel heat exchanger as opposed to the aluminium heat exchangers used by all of the other boilers. Whilst this stainless steel heat exchanger is admittedly not still not of the same quality as equally priced boilers from rival manufacturers, it is still a massive positive for this boiler range. By having a stainless steel heat exchanger, the boiler will retain its efficiency for longer and won’t be susceptible to the rust and corrosion suffered by aluminium heat exchangers.
Controlling the boiler
The Danesmoor range keeps it simple when it comes to controlling the boiler out of the box, using a simple mechanical control. Whilst this may look dated when pitched against the rivals, we find that some people prefer this. If you are looking for something more cutting-edge, then as mentioned above, the Danesmoor range can be utilised with smart controls such as Bosch’s EasyControl. If choosing this option, you will find that EasyControl brings you the ability to control the heating in individual rooms, automatically adjust the heating according to your daily routine, and will provide you with the functionality to control your heating system using smart assistants including Siri, Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Google Assistant, Facebook Messenger, and IFTTT, wherever in the world you are with an internet connection.
Assembled in the UK
The Worcester Bosch Greenstar Heatslave II is assembled in the Worcester Bosch production facility in Worcestershire. Whilst it is assembled here, many of the parts it is made up of are manufactured elsewhere by third party companies.
Many of the parts and components utilised within this boiler are made from plastic. This is quite a negative point as equivalent boilers at a similar price point from rival manufacturers instead use higher quality brass components.